WOMEN

As today is International Women’s Day I thought it was the right time to celebrate some fab women & general empowerment.

I think every year I celebrate my incredible, strong, inspiring Mum. Who taught me how to find and embrace your inner strength when everything on the planet is against you! She raised 6 children and worked hard.  She got sick and still powered like there was nothing wrong. Spent 6 long weeks in the hospice smiling, laughing & touching hearts of everyone she met before teaching us all, that the pain of a lost loved one never goes away. I remember her great big laugh, kind, welcoming aurora, her love - oh so much love, not just for us, for everyone she met! 
She is my absolute inspiration! 

The last year I’ve been changing how I use social media, I’ve been unfollowing the accounts that make me feel like I’m not worthy, too ugly or fat and replacing them with positive, empowering, strong women who make me feel like I can, and I want to. 
Chessie King, bodyposipanda, Stacey Solomon, ladybabymum, Carrie Fletcher, Gionvanna Fletcher, brummymummyof2.. I could list 100s of fab women, but that would get boring! I suggest you do the same, clear out all of those diet accounts get yourself following some of these women!

Women are incredible. 
Our bodies can do miraculous things like grow babies, find the strength to birth baby, feed babies. 
We have the energy to pick others up, share empowerment, stand together for equality.
We have the footsteps of some amazing women of history to step into - refusing to give up chairs of buses to make a stand, fighting for the right for women to vote and curing people of terrible illnesses all without thought of themselves! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME

WALKS